American Wigeons

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII: Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1000@f6.3; ISO 1000

1 Like

Nice positioning of the pair, and good-enough focus on both for my taste, with very nice detail. I like the hint of environment provided by the reeds.

1 Like

The unbroken carpet of duckweed makes a great background for this one, Allen. Nice depth of field to get both in good focus. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Allen,

I like the surrounding duckweed and the OOF cattails in the BG. This pair looks especially nice in the soft light. Well done…Jim

1 Like

The pastel toned duckweed and the positioning of the mallards in the image creates a fine effect. The positioning is nearly perfect. I might cut off a tad more of the reed just above the tail feathers of the male. You could very effectively use the patch tool to do this. I like the texture of the duckweed against the plumage of the mallards.

1 Like

Hi Allen
I never knew that green carpet was called duckweed and are the two Wigeons eating it? Anyway the duckweed does make a nice setting for the ducks.
Peter

1 Like

I think maybe they are eating the duckweed. They always seem to remain on the surface, so I assume they’re eating what’s on the water.