Peaceful

Taken at a local park where these American Wigeons are used to people.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dii; Sigma 150-600 at 283mm and 484 mm; 1/1000 f6.3. ISO 2500/160

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen these, Allen. Very cute little ducks. Such intricate feather markings and detail. The reflection in the second is pretty wonderful and I like the behavior in the first one. One thing strikes me is the difference in coloring due to white balance - they are very different and I’m not sure which shows the colors “properly” if you know what I mean.

1 Like

I particularly like the second with the reflection of the Wigeon and the reeds in the water.

1 Like

Hi Allen, both beautiful images. Such pretty markings and you show off this beauty quite well. As Kristen stated, interesting to see the feeding behavior in the first image and the sunny illumination in the second. Nice work.

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith , @Dennis_Plank , and @Allen_Sparks for your comments. Kristen, that is an interesting observation. They were both shot at auto WB. The pair at 4550 kelvin and the solo male at 4700 kelvin. American Wigeons are common wintering birds in Oregon and I have several images of them and from what I have there is some variation in the male’s color.