Amongst the Trees w/Repost

Repost with slight crop from the right:

Original:

The last of my recent Forest ICMs.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated

Technical Details

200mm, 1 sec @ f/16, ISO 100

So much to enjoy about this ICM, David. I like how the three main darker trees are brought out by the lighter (grass?) in the lower portion of the image and then fade into the top portion. Also, love how the lines are straight. This show a lot of control and thought about the composition. It is so simply and the green adds a nice calming effect. Love it!

I’ve generally not been that intrigued by ICM imagery, but several images I’ve seen recently, this one included, is causing me to revisit this opinion. I find this image to be very peaceful and relaxing. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, David! Nature’s beauty in a simple form with a single dominant color. Amazing! Besides that, I also love how the two trees on the side balance the center tree. Speaking of balance, if I may nitpick, I would edge the cropping on the right side a tad more inwards to enhance symmetry. Somehow, to my eyes the space on the right side is wider and distracting breaking off a beautiful balanced image. It is a minor suggestion that others may not even be distracted with. Superb job with this creation.

Another great forest ICM image David! The light at the bottom is fantastic. I also liked the three prominent vertical trees in the foreground (actually 4 but you get the point). Your selected shutter speed of 1 sec pushed helped unify all of the shapes. Well done!

You nailed this one, David! Really like it!

@linda_mellor, @jefflafrenierre, @EgĂ­dio, @Alfredo_Mora, and @J_Fritz_Rumpf, thank you for the wonderful comments. I think this is my favorite so far.

@EgĂ­dio, I posted a recropped version above. Thanks for your suggestion. I agree that a bit of symmetry helps.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

One more amazing tree ICM! You really manage to get amazing light. I like the original posting best.

Hi David, such an interesting image. I like it! In particular, the ghostly shapes that hide behind the luminous vertical stripes. These shapes are evocative of branches and leaves, faintly so but enough to stimulate the imagination very nicely. The greens and yellows are very pleasing. In all the ICMs of trees/forests I’ve seen before, the tree trunks are brownish which “gives them away” at once. I was wondering, did you colorize these green?

I prefer your original version as I like the breathing room on the right. And I think I see a dust spot(?) on the first tree, about a third of the way down from the top inside the right edge.

David,

Another fabulous ICM. I particularly like the strong graphic nature of this. Stark contrast with the dark trunks and the “light” glowing in the bg.

I prefer the original with the added space to the right. Yeah, often times I might agree with having equal spacing left/right, but I think the breathing room in this particular image is better. IMHO.

fun stuff! Good luck on the coast!

Lon

David, Lovely image. The all green colour palate and the dark tones draws me into it.

@Ola_Jovall, @LauraEmerson, @Lon_Overacker, and @AndreDonawa thank you for the kind comments. It means a lot.

Ola, thanks so much, you’ve been one of my inspirations to trying this. Thanks.

Laura, The overall green feeling is due to how I moved the camera. There was a lot of underbrush in the foreground–ferns, leafy plants, etc…I wanted to give the feeling of the trees coming out of that green bed. So I started my movement pointed at the foreground underbrush then moved upward to catch the trees. Also, here in the Pacific Northwest (USA), we have a lot of green moss on our trees. That probably added to the green as well.

Good catch on the dust spot. And it’s in every one of my images from today. :slightly_smiling_face: Time for a cleaning.

Lon, I am on the fence with respect to the crop. Thanks for your note.

Andre, thank you.