An Orange Tulip

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

You’ve caught the flower centre nice and sharply, Barbara, and I rather like the lush feel to the image with that array of leaves in the background. There is quite a high contrast to the lighting ( I guess this was a pretty sunny day ) - it would be worth trying such a shot with softer light and see what you think ( you could avoid, for example, those two very bright spots high up to the right ). All in all, though, it’s a colourful and attractive image.

Welcome to NPN, Barbara. I really like the intense color of the Tulip against the green of the leaves. Your composition works for me with the tulip bursting from the background. My personal taste would be for more depth of field to get the tulip itself completely in focus (if possible). I also like Ian’s suggestion of a cloudier day (you can also use a diffuser to cut down glare). A very nice image.

Barbara: Another nice image. I like the color especially. You might consider a tighter crop like I’ve done here. Some of the suggestions like getting rid of small bright spots and for me cropping away the ULC (Upper Left Corner) probably seem like nitpicking but I hope you’ll take them as things that can make an already good image better. When I joined NPN 15-18 years ago my images were pretty awful (much worse than what you’ve posted so far) but members who were better than me pointed out things to work on and over the years I’ve gotten a little better.
One other thing for you to consider: when you process your images you should decrease their size significantly. Suggested guidelines are to make the long side of the image about 1500-2000 pixels. The image will take up a lot less space on the server and you will not be providing unscrupulous image pirates a full resolution file. Again, welcome aboard and keep 'em coming. >=))>