Angry Bird

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Seen on a recent visit to the Ding Darling NWR on Sanibel Island, FL. This area has not fully recovered from the effects of Hurricane Ian in September of 2022, but the birds are certainly present, mating and nest-building. There was a variety of avians in this spot, including anhingas, wood storks, egrets, great blue herons, and roseate spoonbills, all very vocal. Not sure if this anhinga was angry or just looking for a mate.

Specific Feedback

Wish my shutter speed was higher, but was concentrating on the roosting birds when this guy showed up. All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Fuji XH-2, ISO 320, f/8, 1/500, Fuji XF70-300 with 1.4 extender, cropped to 23%. Post processing included adjustments to exposure, brightness, shadows, and sharpening.

A little blur from the lowish shutter speed, Jim, but the action makes up for it a lot. I love the blue eye and the open beak is great.

BTW, I believe this is a gal. Males are pretty much all black.

@Dennis_Plank, thank you for your nice comments and observations.

I also think the action overrides the blurriness. Wonderful colors and spread of feathers.

Thanks for your comment Stephen!