Anhinga on takeoff

Seen last week in one of the Louisiana rookeries.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/1600s, hand held

3 Likes

Good timing on the takeoff pose. It’s a nice background for the anhinga to be against. The largest view shows excellent detail and good handling of the blacks and whites.

Superb exposure with excellent detail in the blacks, Allen. A very dynamic pose.

Very nice. The thing that grabbed me first was the wonderful light on the bird, and the details in the black plumage. A very appealing image with superb techs and processing.

All said above – simply wonderful!! Perfect ss and hand-holding steadiness!

Very interesting wing. It’s done a good job of perching with such seemingly unsuitable feet. Agree with all the positive comments.

The blacks are handled so well. The pose has shown off the bird’s wonderful wing patterns. There’s a good connection with bird and viewer.

Absolutely stunning, Allen.

Stellar image, Allen. Excellent light and the pose is awesome. All good :slight_smile: ! Cheers, Hans

The light is fantastic, Allen. Great subject, pose, and composition.

Allen, this is really an excellent image. The exposure is spot on. Wonderful details, and I just love the way he turned his head to look in your direction as he is getting ready for lift off. Very nice.

Outstanding color, light, detail, and processing on the black plumage. Wonderful shot.

Hi Allen,

Looks fine as presented. The pose, BG, and lighting make the shot. Awesome…Jim

man, oh man. If this were mine it’d be a wall hanger. Simply stunning as is.