Anhinga with fish

The frame before:

Seen in Florida last month.

Specific Feedback Requested

This anhinga caught a fish on the opposite side of the pond from where I was sitting. Thus I decided to make these into a pano crop given the distance from subject and the splashes/environment. How well do you think this works?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/2000s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife

Wonderful action images, Allen. The detail looks great and I like the crop you chose. My only suggestion is to blur the background reeds a bit to get more separation between them and the bird and more particularly the fish which tends to get lost. The splashes are great and it took me quite awhile to figure out the landing motion of the bird. Somehow the two frames looked reversed at first.

I’d go with the second frame: I like the wing position and we can see the tail, plus there is more of the splashing water. Like the water with the reflected reeds. Excellent capture.

Nice action here. Dennis has some good points about blurring the reeds. I also like the second shot best. Good work.

Hi Allen
I had to study the two photos and finally understand what is happening. The pano works for me and it would have beed cool if you had a third shot with the fish. Yes I do know how nature photography works (you only what nature gives you.). The detail, action, framing and color are vary nice.
Peter