Anna in CostaRica

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

this image was taken in the Costa Rican jungle .it was on deck near somesome feeders.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

iso 500, 300mm, f5.6, 1000th, D500

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

This is one of your best from your Costa Rica trip. Pose is good and comp is loaded with lots of other critters. The bees are small in size and are probably Africanized honeybees. Most of the hummingbird is sharp and the slight motion blur in the wings is perfect…Jim

A fine image, David. Thanks for resurrecting it from your files. The composition works well and I love the wasps and bees going after the fuschia. I’m not sure about the one gee on the far right that’s not quite all there. I think I’d probably remove it and the leaf, but that’s just my take on the image.

Very nice image David. Love the pose of the hummingbird with the forward wings and nice amount of blur. I could see removing the partial bee and leaf on right as Dennis suggests. Well done.

What I love about this image is the vibrant energy and the delicate balance between the hummingbird and the flowers.

Your framing and perspective are spot on, drawing attention to the interaction between the bird and the bloom. The soft background isolates the subject nicely, letting the details of the hummingbird and flowers pop without distractions. The colors are striking, with the green of the bird and the vivid reds and pinks of the flowers complementing each other beautifully.

This image really conveys a sense of harmony in nature, capturing a fleeting moment of connection. It evokes a feeling of tranquility and the simple beauty found in wildlife interactions. The inclusion of the bees adds another layer, hinting at the bustling, interdependent life in the jungle. The photograph not only showcases a moment but also tells a story of coexistence in the natural world.

Nicely done! :clap:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply
David