Mrs. Anna

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’ve been waiting for our Cleveland sage bushes to bloom, and so have the hummingbirds. They finally blossomed and here’s a moment I got of a female anna’s partaking in the midmorning sun with our shaded wall in the background.

Specific Feedback

I thought the little bit of OOF background clutter didn’t hurt anything so I left it in. Cropping okay?

Technical Details

Z9, 18-0-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/3200th, f 9.0, 630mm, ISO 14400, cropped to 2411 x 1896

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

good pose and wing position,good composition. the only thing I would do differently is perhaps get rid of some of the glare on the head of the bird.

Nice catch Dave. Really like the pose on the bird with outstretched wings in back and her getting into the flower. The BG elements do help give a sense of place and depth. Wishing for an eye catchlight. Wonder what toning down the highlights on the bird and flower would do. A fine capture.

The top of the head is nice and sharp and I like the wing position, Dave. Given the sharpness of the head and the flower, I find the out of focus plants rather distracting and they look pretty easy to remove.