Female Anna's

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I recently captured this anna’s on a stick portrait. I like the pose and especially the matching green of the BG color.

Specific Feedback

Cropping?

Technical Details

Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/3200th, f 9.0, 1170mm, ISO 4000, cropped to 2824 x 2268

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

You have a superb head turn, nice detail, pleasing composition. The background is rather distract though. It it were mine, I would select the in focus are and invert it, I would then apply a mild Gaussian blur to the background. Not everyone is will to do that but it might make for an improved image.

Nice look from this Annas female Dave. I like the pose and the perch and the details. I’m wondering if you just burned back or turn down the saturation of some of the bright greens a little if it would give you a more pleasing BG to complement your hummingbird.

I like the pose and detail in the hummer. I could see playing with the background as suggested by David and Ed. The background seems to compete for attention with the bird. Maybe decrease the highlights.

Hi Dave
I think the cropping looks fine and it was nice of the Anna’s Hummingbird to pose with a matching background. Nice work
Peter
Ps 180-600mm*1.4 = 252-840mm (1170mm?)