Anna with Bee baum

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Bee baum is a brightly colored and odorous that attracts a lot of creatures. Hummingbirds are no exception. Here is an Annas taking advantage of the nectar. Sometimes, several hummingbirds will approach at the same time.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

iso 4000, 600 mm plus 1,4 X, tripod, f9, two thousandth, D 500

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

She looks like she’s in mid-molt from those wings, David. You almost go them stopped. Your depth of field worked well on the background with the bird and subject flower in nice focus and the background pleasantly soft. I could wish that the hummingbird had come in more from the side, but they do what they want.

Hi David, I like this approach shot while still being able to see the eye of the hummer. Nice sharpness on the head of the bird. We planted bee balm last year so I’m looking forward to seeing the hummingbirds it will attract.

Nice catch, David. The Bee Baum coordinates so well with the bird. I like the slight blur in the wings.

What I like about these type of hummer shots is the beauty in both the hummer and the flower and you’ve captured both quite well.