Anna's Fan

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I was recently all set up, and waiting for a hummer to come in to our sunset backlit feeder when this guy came in for a drink then landed nearby and started madly preening, stretching, and scratching as if it was a show just for me. As much as I’ve observed hummers this was only the second time that I’ve been fortunate enough to see them do this. This male Rufous was quite entertaining. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod/gimbal head, 1/800th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 4000, AI Clear, cropped to 2150 x 1713.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Dave, the pose here makes for an interesting image - love the fanned tail and the outstretched wing. I’m not familiar with Anna’s but the head and throat colors shown look natural to me. Wishing for more detail in the middle of the throat but I think trying to open it up more would probably just lead to noise. Also not a fan of the branch in the background but they land where they will. I like the curved perch.

Nice pose and good colors in the head and gorget.