Another Acorn Argument

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Here’s another food fight at my backyard suet block between a couple of acorn woodpeckers. Our suet block is very popular with woodpeckers.

Specific Feedback

I thought about cloning out the piece of suet block then decided it was part of the story. Is the brightness/shadow about right to you?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/2500th, f 8.0, 345mm, ISO 6400, cropped to 2610 x 1993, Photo AI

Great action shot, Dave. Looks like it was quite a discussion about who’s suet feeder it was. We had a double suet feeder that was quite popular with Woodpeckers, Blue Jays and various other birds until a couple of days ago it totally disappeared! I do like the hint of suet feeder showing as, at least for me, it adds to the story.

Nice, Dave. I had to take mine down a month ago. The Starlings wee emptying it in a day, leaving nothing for any other birds. I do like the interaction in this image.

I have to take mine down every night. Otherwise, the black bears pull it down. I wish I could leave it up overnight. Flying squirrels like to come in to it at night. Oh, and a neighborhood gray fox will also climb up to it in the night if I forget to bring it in. Popular stuff.

Popular indeed, Dave. I hadn’t even considered the local foxes and suspected the squirrels! Bring in at night seems to be the answer.

Hi Dave, nice interaction you captured - looks like quite a fuss. Great to see the eye so well on the bird on the right. Great poses.