Another Jumper

I found this one near our kitchen sink a few weeks ago, so I grabbed a couple envelopes and coaxed him onto one and took him out to the flower garden, where he belongs. I ran back and got my camera, and found him down in the Black-eyed Susans, trying to hide from me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything that would improve the image.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 100 mm f2.8 L macro lens, HH. Settings were manual at f10, 1/200, ISO 400. Edited in LR (crop and a few highlights/shadows adjustments mainly, and Topaz AI Clear.

2 Likes

Thankfully not hiding well enough! What a cutie patootie. Love the green jaws. You caught the iridescence perfectly! I don’t know that I love the huge swath of OOF in the left, but I do like the diagonal of the leaf. Maybe a square crop? And a touch of lifted mid-tones I think would help, too, especially with the shadows on the little spider itself. Wonderful!

1 Like

Nicely done, Shirley. I am so enjoying your series of these tiny jumping spiders. This one is quite colorful with his green face and the bit of orange on the back. I like how he is guarding his environment. Can’t decide about cropping. I can see a square crop as @Kris_Smith suggested, but I also like that he has plenty of room for jumping!

1 Like

Wow, Shirley! I’ve never seen one with the green on the mouth before. Really beautiful! Nice capture, I’m glad he wasn’t too good of a hider!

1 Like

Shirley, this view is both great and very cute. The sense that it’s hiding and watching is strong while the details, especially the bits of color stand out.

1 Like

Outstanding, Shirley. I echo the comments of others. Is it possible for a spider to have a look of surprise on his face? If so, you caught it!

1 Like

Always hard to come up with new stuff as number 6 in line. I think you have done a great capture of this colorful fellow. A bit envious you have such creatures on your garden. All jumpers I have seen in mine are skittish and super tiny…

If I were to change anything it might be the crop. Just as Kristen said there’s a lot going on in the upper right corner with leaf and spider, but not much in the lower left. Flipping the image might also make it more open.

1 Like

Awesome capture Shirley The details are amazing and the focus of the spider draws the viewer to it. Well done!!!

1 Like