Jumping Spider

A little over a week ago I found this little tiny Jumping Spider on our Black-eyed Susans. He hung out for a day or so while the flower was opening up. I will try to provide a few shots from the series. I liked the first one best. That pose on a deformed leafed that spiraled upward was pretty neat, I thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything you might see.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D IV, HH, Canon 100 mm f2.8 L macro lens, KX-800 twin flash with diffuser. Manual settings, f10, 1/200, ISO 200 (and a couple are at 320).

1 Like

Fantastic series, Shirley. I love the first and second images. The spiraling leaf with spiders eyes looking up is outstanding. The detail you have captured of the spider in all of the images is nothing short of amazing. You have definitely gotten your settings and equipment nailed. Something I aspire to achieve. Very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

WOW Shirley, those are just amazing. As Linda said the spiraling leaf and the position of the spider was just perfect. The ones with the yellow flowers are also very good. The last flower photo the spider really shows up well. I might try reducing the color saturation a little bit or maybe brighten the brown in the first yellow flower to make the spider stand out more. I love the spider and the yellow part of the flower.

1 Like

Oh my, Shirley! You are definitely the jumping spider whisperer! With all your images you really could make a book! It’s not just a great image technically. More important you really have captured the personality of these little creatures! It’s like you’re showing us candid photos of your friends and family, going about their everyday life! It’s amazing!

2 Likes

All are exceptional. Shirley but to me, the first one is really an eye-catcher. That spiraling leaf adds tremendous interest to an already outstanding view of the spider. Well done.

1 Like

Yeah that first one is amazing! :trophy:

1 Like

Very cool! I love the second one for the unusual leaf. I wonder about bringing up the shadows slider for the Black-eyed Susans.

1 Like

Thats a neat setting for this beautiful spider. I like the first image for the comp and lighting. Any idea on its name
Nice work though

Balan Vinod

Thank you, @linda_mellor, @Dean_Salman, @Vanessa_Hill, @terryb, @Kris_Smith, @Diane_Miller, and @Balan_Vinod for viewing and for your kind comments. I really appreciate it. No, Balan, I haven’t even taken the time yet to look up the spider to see if I can ID him. Been pretty busy lately.

1 Like