Jumping Spider on Spider Wort

Finally one of the Jumping Spiders posed for me today! I have been anxiously waiting for them. I knew we should have several because I have coaxed a few of them onto paper and brought them outside after finding them trying to cohabit with us in the house.

Specific Feedback Requested

This is almost full frame. I just cropped to 8X11 for later use. Anything that might improve it.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
I captured this with my Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 100 mm macro lens, HH, using my KX-800 twin flash with DIY diffuser. Settings all manual except auto focus, at f10, 1/200, ISO 160, flash at 1/8th power.

3 Likes

Your spider friends are back, Shirley! From the look on his face it looks like he missed you! Wonderful how the leaf comes in from the left, making a perfect leading line to the spider. The buds on the right are a wonderful stop gap, bring me right back into the frame. Beautiful detail in the spiders eyes and foreground leg hairs. Love how the green on the little guy pops. If it were mine, I wish, I wouldn’t change a thing. Very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Wow, what a cool image, Shirley. The flash looks quite natural, which is great. I can’t think of anything I’d suggest changing. A 5 star image.

1 Like

Wonderful, with great composition and detail!! I love how he has one foot on the bud, as though he is contemplating his next move, which I hope was not a jump onto your face!

1 Like

Shirley …to get 5 out of the 8 eyes in the frame is an achievement. I like he details in this . Beautifully done

Balan Vinod

1 Like