Jumping Spider on Spiderworts

I was out in the flower garden this morning seeing what would pose for me when I spotted this tiny little Jumping Spider on the Spiderworts. I could hardly see him, he is so small. And then trying to get the camera and me positioned without trampling the rest of the flowers, was quite the feat. The dead bud he is on, I was so convinced in the viewfinder that it was something he had to eat. Only when I could pull it up on the big screen could I be sure what it was.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything that would improve the image.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Shot with Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 100 mm f2.8 L lens, KX-800 twin flash with diffuser, HH, manual settings at f10, 1/200, ISO 200. Edited in LR, cropped in some to remove some of the flower stems around the edges and give him a bit more size to see and enjoy. Also used Topaz AI Clear.

1 Like

This is so cute, Shirley! You got the spider so sharp and detailed, it’s really beautiful! The little spider is looking right at you! What a perfect little model! And your favorite!

1 Like

Shirley, that little spider stands out very well, with the details in it’s head showing so well. I think the
“split screen” approach with the darker, slightly oof leaf is both interesting and visually challenging, nice change of pace.

1 Like

A gorgeous wee thing. Jumpers’ pedi palps always knock me out. Terrific details and as Mark says, the ‘split screen’ nature of this shot makes me think it’s hiding and waiting to jump out at whatever comes or is waiting for something bigger to go by.

1 Like

An excellent example of the hidden world no one ever sees Shirley. I agree with Mark of the split effect seen here with the oof leaf. I get nervous sometime when approaching a subject like this wondering if it will jump out at me. Great photo

1 Like