Another Junco

Compared with my previous Junco shot, I like the background better and there is still some interest in the perch, but the Junco (for lack of a better word) somehow doesn’t seem as dynamic.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

see above

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 at 500 mm; 1/1000 at f7.1, +2/3 EV; ISO 12,800 (cleaned up pretty well in Topaz DeNoise)

Overall, a fine shot - particularly at that high ISO! Everything looks spot on, and nice color in the Junco.

1 Like

Very cool image, Allen. I like the background and love the perch. The Junco’s pose might seem a little static, but that’s a normal pose for them. Wow, Topaz DeNoise really did clean that up. Well done.

1 Like

A nice shot of the Junco with excellent detail, Allen. I do prefer your earlier shot because I think the perch works better in that one and the head turn gives the bird a bit more personality. It has a more dynamic feel than this one.