Another ocean sunset

Here is another ocean sunset, taken several minutes before the totally orange one I recently posted. The angle of the camera was pointed farther from where the sun set, so it never did become as orange. As usual, any comments and suggested would be appreciated!

Tony,
I looked back at your earlier post and it is hard to believe this is the same evening! Not to compare the two, I like both, but I prefer this one. This sky is just dreamy and gives this image an abstract quality that I really love. I might be tempted to clone out the rock in the LLC, very minor though. Beautifully done!

Great take on the photo posted earlier Tony. For me, this one has a softer more abstract feel, which I am enjoying quite a lot. Wonderful image.

What soft dreamy look you’ve caught here, Tony. The ocean ca provide many moods. I am not so sure that you need the the flat reflective foreground. The mood sings better to me with just the rolling blue waves and sky. Kind of nitty I suppose. Nice image

Stephen, there is an old Latin saying: “De gustibus non est disputandum”, or in English “There is no arguing with taste”. What I love about this forum is discovering other people’s tastes about my photos. Thanks for you take!

1 Like

Indeed, Tony. Very impressed with the Latin too. I don’t get too much further than “e pluribus unum”

I would agree, while the surf looks similar, the colors are totally different. I liked your prior post, but I like this one even more. With all the spray in the air, it creates a very dreamy look in this scene. I just love the soft gradient of light and color at the horizon. My only suggested tweak would be to clone away the dark triangular wave or rock in the LLC. But that is a real nitpick, this is really quite a lovely image, nice work Tony.