Another sandhill crane from the same series November 2022

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Cold morning at Bosque.

Specific Feedback

I am trying different editing techniques on this series of photos. This one looks good to me. Any criticism is welcome

Technical Details

Nikon Z6ii
iso 800
Sigma 150-600mm
Shot at 600mm
f/9
1/1250 sec
Photo AI with masking in LR to darken the background. Minimal sharpening.

1 Like

Another wonderful capture! all I can suggest is to maybe dial back the whites just a bit and level the waterline. It’s just a hair off.

Nice image Dan. I like the framing with room to move in front and a little tighter in the rear. Pleasing light and BG. Agree with Diane’s tweaks. Nice capture - a well done image.

Hi Dan. I really like the light and the wing position in this one and the detail looks very good. I agree on dialing back the whites or the highlights. You might use the local adjustment brush in LR to tweak some of the brighter areas down. I’ve found it very effective at fine tuning an image after doing the overall processing. In many ways, I prefer it to the PS adjustments for that purpose because I can do so much at once and get see the effect its having and adjust the amount of each variable.