Another Springfield Locust

On Springfield Rd., Columbia

This image was made a few minutes after my last post. I cropped a bit from the bottom, and cleaned up some distracting branches.

How is the color and contrast?

Do you have any thoughts on the composition?

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor 70-200 @ 80mm
Single exposure at f-16, 1/8, ISO 200
ACR, PSCC, TK’s Luminosity and Saturation Painting masks. Some dodging on the darker branches.

Any comments you may have are always appreciated. :slight_smile:
–P

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I don’t think this one is working for me. I am finding the composition kind of chaotic. I really like the foreground green and yellow and the tree, but the tree coming in from the left and the bright grass in the back pulls me out of there. I tried several different crops, but I could not come up with anything useful. Nice overall colors though.

Preston, not as clean as your previous post, but maybe a couple slight crops might work. I tried in the past to down load images to work on ideas, but never found them. I have no idea where they went on my PC so I will not attempt that.
So my idea was to crop a tiny bit at the bottom to clean that edge somewhat to emphasize that neat flowering bed there. Then a crop on the right to eliminate the URH limb. Not sure but my thought was to focus more to the left with the opening and those collection of limbs there.
Hard to say if my ideas help or hinder. Just thinking out loud.

EDIT: with Igor’s help on image download I was able to make the changes I thought might work. I like it but may not appeal to others. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Preston,

A quiet and pleasing scene. I think though maybe you’ve included too much?. I’m mostly attracted to the mixed colors in the vegetation mix at the bottom and the main autumn yellows. With that, I’m thinking of a crop off the top removing the heavy branches upper left to simplify and tighten the comp.

Lon

[quote=“Lon_Overacker, post:4, topic:2839”]
A quiet and pleasing scene. I think though maybe you’ve included too much?. I’m mostly attracted to the mixed colors in the vegetation mix at the bottom and the main autumn yellows. With that, I’m thinking of a crop off the top removing the heavy branches upper left to simplify and tighten the comp.[/quote]

Preston, I agree with many of the other’s comments about this image. I actually had downloaded it and cropped it before reading Lon’s post, which I 100% agree with. To me the star here is the locust tree and the mixed yellow/green color below it, the branches are too distracting in shape to be an effective frame IMO. I also like the color balance that you have here, as compared to your prior locust image.