Antherium and Old Glass

This may be too non-nature, so feel free to move it.

I was enchanted by the way the Antherium flowers dried, and this old bottle seemed the perfect place to display them.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I’m 50-50 about the frame but found its depth engaging. This was a couple of years ago but I’m tempted to go back and redo the idea with a bit more canvas on all sides --i.e. to have more room inside the frame.

Technical Details

Nothing drastic in LR; into PS to remove a window reflection and add a frame.
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 1.12.11 PM

4 Likes

Beautiful, Diane. I don’t know about the non-nature aspect, but I love the detail in the Antherium flowers and the wonderful curves of the stems peaking through the amber glass. The backdrop set off the bottles/flower very nicely. The frame is well done, not sure about how it might look without it. For me it is a lovely still life and truly well done.

I agree with Linda’s comments especially: “(i)t is a lovely still life and truly well done”. RE: more canvas. I tend to prefer close cropping, so I like it as presented. RE: Frame. It does, for me, add depth, so looks good to me.

Diane, this is truly a wonderful studio or setup still life. I’m afraid I have no creativity when it comes to thinking about designing a scene like this. However, I can surely appreciate the finished product when they look as nice as this one does… :+1:

1 Like

Love this one.
Nice framing and arrangement.

I just love old, dried, dead foliage. Not something that gets likes on my Facebook page, though :joy: This still life really caught my eye. The combination of the old bottles and the dead foliage is wonderful. Artfully arranged and composed. I think I would have to agree with you about having a little more canvas around the composition. I’m not crazy about the frame, but it is clever.