Approaching Storm

This is a rework of an image that I posted a while back on the old NPN. This was taken in Shenandoah NP as the sun was getting low in the sky.

Thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion.

Nikon D200, Tokina 12-24 @ 14 mm, f 16 @ 1/50 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

Ed, you’ve made an old snag look like a new born here with the sunburst. I like how the right side branch follows the hillside contour too. Very neat take and looks really good with your apparent rework…:sunglasses:

Lovely, Ed. The sunburst is awesome and I love the way the branch on the right mimics the slope of the hill. My one nit is the left branch that takes my eye out the edge of the frame-I’d be really tempted to lop it off in processing-just not sure where.

I like this a lot the branch on the right following the slope of the hill .
I agree with Dennis about the left hand side .
I would crop about 70% off the area between the trunk and the edge of the frame.

Oh wow, I love silhouette shots to begin with, and the sunset alone would have made it a keeper in my book. But the sun shining through between the trunk and a branch makes it truly unique. That’s a wall hanger in my book.

Ed, the sunburst adds the extra that takes a neat looking snag (nicely mimicking the shape of the ridge beside it) and makes it extra special.

I love this very much. The strong graphic nature of the composition combined with the overall dark mood makes a strong statement.

The sunstar really makes the image pop.

Very nice, Ed! The sun burst is nicely placed for maximum effect and the composition is well thought out, with the long branch echoing the curves of the hillside. A dramatic silhouette photo!

Ed,

Not the most stately of old snags, but you really nailed it with the sun star and pretty much filling the frame with the tree. The sunset sky of course is a big plus as well.

Lon