Edisto Beach @ Sunrise

This was taken at sunrise on Edisto Beach in SC. I am not sure if any of these trees are still standing as I seem to remember that some major storms in the last two years wrecked havoc on the remaining trees that had resisted the unrelenting forces of erosion.

As always thanks for taking a look.

Nikon D700, Nikon 80-200 @ 80 mm, f 16 @ 1/25 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Beautiful, Ed!! Great colors and tree structure. Minor, but maybe level the horizon a touch with a slight CW rotation? This is most enjoyable to peruse!

Lovely, Ed. The colors are awesome and it’s a very cool looking tree. I think you could take a touch off the bottom though it does help anchor all that light.

Ed, a truly excellent find here. The stark tree silhouetted against the sunrise works extremely well. You even got a break with the cloud layer being high enough to support the sun beam into the tree arch too. Wonderful…:sunglasses:

btw: speaking of old trees not remaining. I went to a sight I’d not been to in a few years now and walked right by the old dead tree I shot once during a sunrise at that time. Poor thing had dry rotted through and fell over behind a large dirt berm. Missed it on the way in but found it on my way out laying in a big heap…:sob:

Ed, the tree’s shape is great, with the partial sunstar adding a fine accent. The colors in the sky and reflected in the wet sand look great as well. I like the extra space, but could also see a square crop with mostly tree.

I appreciate everyone @Harley_Goldman, @Dennis_Plank, @Paul_Breitkreuz and @Mark_Seaver for taking a look and leaving a comment or suggestion. Here is a repost with @Harley_Goldman and @Dennis_Plank suggestions. @Paul_Breitkreuz, I know what you mean :sob:. I had a tree I photographed a few times in Shenandoah that has since fallen down.

Here is a repost with @Mark_Seaver’s crop suggestion. Thanks Mark.

Both reposts work very well, Ed. I think something in between would also work, depending on the space constraints yo had for a printed version. A very versatile image in addition to being gorgeous.

I like the way the branches are reaching out and the wet sand .I prefer without the crop.A great shot

Simple and beautiful Ed. Fabulous color. I like both the reposts with a leaning towards the square crop.

I continues to baffle my mind seeing trees growing out on the beach like this. Clearly it occurs and I’m sure for a number of reasons, but it just seems so out of place that it really makes images like this uniquely beautiful.

Lon