Argiope Spider

These are very difficult to capture on 2 dimensional sensor. The body and head are usually not in the same plane. This is a stack of 4 images. the spider moved when I was just done with the body and before focusing on legs.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod

f/8, 1/40, ISO 800
ACR, PSCC, Manual stacking assembled in Zerene Stacker, a touch of sharpening in Topaz Sharpen AI.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Really nice job on the details and lovely colors. I like the web and bg which is complimentary to spider. I think you would have had everything with a few more shots. Very well done.

Ravi, you did a real nice job trying to capture this guy. Stacking is about the only way to get all of him in focus, and with 4 shots, you got most of him. To me it looks natural. I too like the web, and that nice smooth background helps him stand out nicely.

Ravi: Looks good to me. I especially like the nice pastel BG and the web details. Well done. >=))>

Ravi, this looks very good with most of the spider nicely sharp and a fine background. Yes, getting lower would have provided more opportunity for sharpness in the spider, but then you’d lose the nice background (probably ending with a very bright sky…).