Garden Spider

I found this while photographing flowers. Insects are beginning to emerge, but this guy had already set up his shop. Unfortunately, I could get only the ventral view.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/10, 1/25, ISO 800
Raw processing in ACR, PSCC, Topaz Denoise applied to background. No shapening was necessary.

1 Like

Great detail Ravi, I also like to position of the spider and how the spacing of the web gets larger on the lower left

Ravi, you captured a nice look of this spider, even if you weren’t able to get top side of him. A very pleasing composition, with a nice smooth background and nice details in the spider.

Love it! Looks to be an orb weaver, almost certainly a female. It’s funny how hard they are to shoot even though they’re out in the open. Last year couldn’t get a top view of an orb weaver at the bottom of my steps. She kept hiding. I really like the spinnerets and the ‘washboard abs’. :laughing:

Ravi, this is a fine look at this spider and her web. You’ve got great details and sharpness in her and the inner web against a fine background. The web going soft near the lower edges creates a nice zoom effect.

Ravi, great shot of this spider, detail is really good and the background blends well with the overall photo. It is not easy to get the detail you’ve gotten. I’ve enjoyed looking at your shot.
Wayne

Nice work ravi…I like the composition. Yes the same story here, insects have started off, and we cant go out to shoot.

Balan Vinod

Ràvi: Really good comp and a terrific capture. Most excellent in every way. ≥=))>