Garden Spider

Seen recently at the local botanic gardens.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, 1.4x extender II
ISO 640, f18, 1/320s, hand held

3 Likes

This is beautiful, Allen. The colors blend in very well. The spider stands out from the background and I love the jagged web around the spider. I really don’t have any suggestions.

Nice details, colors, and background. I used to have one of these that hung out in my flower bed every year, but I haven’t seen him for the last couple of years.

Allen, a fine look at this Yellow Garden Spider (Argiope aurantia), with all of her details nice and sharp.

Stunning! Wonderful creature and web, with a gorgeous BG!

Oh she is lovely! Great color and symmetry. I like that you didn’t (so it seems) crank the clarity slider or similar and she appears a bit more benign as a result. If it was mine I might have tried for one or two more shots with the abdomen, legs and head as primary focus points for a blend, but if you want to do this in one, this is pretty darn good!

Hi Allen,

It is amazing that they can sit still and be practically invisible with all those bright colors. Very sharp and detailed. I would like to see all or most of the leg segments showing, but not a deal breaker. Well done…Jim

Allen, what a great find and capture. Nice details of her and her web with a nice smooth BG to make her stand out.