Artic desert

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A beautiful cold morning on a lake near where I live. Small cracks in the ice formed this kind of path, which with the contrasting light of the sun creates this beautiful scene. I like the texture, the contrast of the colours and, if I didn’t know what it was, I think I would have a hard time guessing.

Specific Feedback

All comments are welcome, thanks.

Technical Details

f/10
ISO 100
1/8 s
159mm

Welcome to NPN Nicolas! Great having you here.

This is a wonderful abstract. It has a nice ambiguity of scale and the color draws a lot of interest. The slight blue and the sweeping lines of the path help anchor the image. I don’t have any suggested improvements to offer.

I like that I can’t tell the scale of it. I also really like the color contrast and lines of the water. I don’t think it needs anything, and I don’t have any specific suggestions. I suppose it might be interesting to experiment with different crops and different blue saturation, which would have different, but not necessarily better, overall effects.

Hi Alfredo, thanks for the welcome and your comments, I appreciate it.

Hi Cathy, thanks for your comment! I will try other crops and blue saturations. At first I had the doubt if the contrast was enough or if I should increase the saturation.

It’s a very absorbing image, Nicolas. I wouldn’t recommend increasing the color contrast and I can’t see anything that needs fixing. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

I like this a lot, Nicolas. I’d certainly never guess lake looking at it. The curved lines are really nice and there are a couple of smaller ones in the upper right that add even more interest. Well seen and executed.

Thank you Don for your comments and the good vibes!

Hi Dennis, thanks for your feedback!
When I saw this image it reminded me of a desert. It’s beautiful to go for a walk and find surprises that transport you to other scenarios you didn’t expect.

Nicolas, I work for NASA and this reminded me of the surface of Mars. Only the hint of water in the image brings me back to reality but it’s cool to imagine!

1 Like

Hey Alfredo, that’s a cool place to work!
It’s true it could be Mars! What I like about abstract photography, the imagination runs free.

1 Like

I didn’t see this earlier and have to say how much I love it! It is subtle but with a bold structure. I would think it’s an aerial or a drone, but of a very mysterious surface. I have no ideas for improvement, and I’m delighted I got to see it!

I’ll offer my belated welcome – I look forward to your participation an d to seeing more of your work!!

Thank you Diane for the welcome and your kind words!