Aspen Rising

Specific Feedback Requested

Cannot decide if the crop below of thus image is a stronger composition than the larger original. I like the longer longitudinal aspens in original but like the density of color and forms in the crop. Interested in opinions.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm f/8 1/6 sec iso 100

To be honest, Mario, I find both compositions to be awkward. I don’t see any good crops to help things. Just my opinion. Others might disagree.

To me, the pattern of the aspen leaves is more compelling than the aspen trunks themselves. In the top half of the image, the very dark background emphasizes the shape of the leaves. But in the bottom half of the image, the red understory kind of visually merges with the leaves, which gives that one aspen trunk more visual weight than I think it deserves… To me the top half is strong than the bottom, maybe this crop helps a small bit. I think it plays up the pattern of the leaves, but it may still be a bit busy.

Thank you @Igor_Doncov and @Ed_McGuirk . I can see now these are too busy and not great compositions. Ed I think yours is an improvement but I think these images needs to go,oh well.