Untitled

Simply a fall mountain side. Attracted by the mounds and spikes of the conifers contrasting. Early am shot.

Specific Feedback Requested

Comp and processing. Ran through Topaz denoise.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm f/8 4 sec. iso 100

2 Likes

Nice Mario, I like the composition, although would love to have just a bit more room on the left for the conifers. Very fall like. Well seen.

You have an interesting vertical composition here Mario, it really lets you play up the diagonal lines in the scene. It’s not always easy to convey a sense of depth in a vertical image, but you have succeeded in doing so here. I do agree with @David_Bostock , I wish there was a bit more breathing room to the left of the spruce trees in the ULC.

Color is very subjective, but for my personal taste this image feels slightly too cool, and would prefer to se it warm up slightly. The greens in the spruce trees look especially too cool to me. I think this image could take some warming without necessarily losing the green/yellow color contrast that you were aiming for.

1 Like

Thank you @David_Bostock @Ed_McGuirk . The rework has a bit m,ore room on the left and I warmed it a bit. See what you think.

1 Like

Ah, much better, Mario. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I really liked the composition from the start. The spacing within the frame and the usage of light and dark subject was very good. I had a question regarding luminosity. The tree at the bottom are luminous with a lot of vitality but up higher the trees look much flatter. Actually the orange trees at the very top have good luminosity. I guess it’s the fir trees that seem a bit strange, as though the darks were lifted and dark patches have remained on the trees. Some yellows are solid with no texture and some of the birch trunks have a peculiar paleness. I think because of these things the image looks more like a painting than a photograph. I really like the off center composition and would not center it.

1 Like

Beautiful image, Mario. For what it’s worth, I really have to say that I like it just the way it is. Composition, colors, everything.

This is a good image, Mario with great composition and autumn colors. I like the original one best. Also, I think that the comment given by @Igor_Doncov is a good one (and for myself help me to develop as a photographer, to better understand how to think about issues during post-processing).

THank you @Igor_Doncov @Vanessa_Hill @Ola_Jovall for your comments. Igor I appreciate the detailed comments as well. Rework has an increased luminosity of yellow in center and I decreased the magenta tint which seemed to be affecting the aspen trunks. I cant explain the lack of texture in the one area at bottom of aspen leafs??