Untitled

My vision on the image was to highlight the verticals contrasting with the mounds of what are actually blueberry bushes in spring.

Specific Feedback Requested

Comp and processing especially sky. Is this image balanced ?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
77mm, f/22, 1/60 sec, iso 250
Sky gradient filter with luminosity mask

I do like your ideia here. I love those contrasting verticals, and the “framing” you did.
(On the right hand side there are some strange artifacts, between the bottom and top trees.)

I think I know what feel you were going for with this image and think you succeeded for the most part. I really like the bright tree trunks in the distant trees but one thing that bothers me a little bit is the rightmost over hanging pine branch. I think that if there was a little bit more separation between it and the background trees that the image would be stronger overall.

I think you succeeded at doing that. There is a lot of drama and mood in the image due to the contrast between the sky highlights and the dark overhanging pine. At first glance of the small image I thought the pine branch was too dominant, but upon viewing the larger image I do not think that is the case, the larger image is balanced enough.

Like @Tom_Nevesely I also have a concern on the near merger in the LRC. And I also have a similar concern about the near merger of the pine with the frame edge in the ULC, I would prefer to see slightly more breathing room there. Content Aware Fill might do the trick there if you have more space to the left in the original image.

Thanks @joaoquintela @Tom_Nevesely @Ed_McGuirk for you time and comments. There is no more room on the left boarder so that is out. I fixed the RLC. I actually went out and tried to re-shoot this but the sky would not cooperate. Oh well, on to the next…