Lakes Edge

The last sprinkling of birch leaves against these blueberry bushes attracted me to the scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

composition and processing

Technical Details

300mm f/10 1/60 iso 100

6 Likes

Wow, this is a really beautiful scene, Mario. I love how you composed it too, it’s kind of diagonal. Love the white bare Birches coming up from the flaming red bushes and then the background colors in the upper left foreground. It’s a nice flow for the eyes. Well seen!

Mario, Just beautiful photography!

Mario, this is an intriguing composition for me. All the elements work together in a convincing way to my eye. Exploring the image I follow the glowing colours from left to right, were the vertical trunks keep me within the frame and then the leaning ones lead me back to the left. There are stunning details that keep my attention for a long while. Thanks for sharing.

The last vestiges of fall in exceptional light. Well done, Mario. This is awesome.

Gorgeous! The sprinkle of yellow leaves is wonderful. I also like the texture of the blueberry bushes.

Beautiful!! As wonderful as all the elements are, I love the way the bushes end at the bottom of the frame, just tucked in enough.

This is a wonderful autumn bouquet Mario. Gorgeous color and effective composition.

Have to agree with this statement. The bushes form a shape that almost has a life of it’s own, doesn’t it?

The wedge of water in the bottom left feels like it’s left out and an abnormality in this composition. However, it you imagine it not being there and the bushes coming completely across to the left the composition starts to look clicheish and predictable. So I’m all for the water and reeds tucked away there. I don’t know what to suggest as this is a really fine image. Maybe, and this is a long shot, maybe raise the white point just a tiny bit. But I don’t know. You don’t want to introduce any hint of garishness here. This has a subtle beauty which should be retained at all costs.

Wonderful composition, Mario. I was immediately drawn to the water in the LLC and thought it was out of place but the water gives the image a sense of place, either near a lake edge or stream edge and the image would not have the same impact if it was not included. I love all of the reds with just that one smattering of yellow leaves and the trees that have gone leafless really tell you that winter is indeed approaching. This is a well made image and one of your best from the trip.

Mario,

This is such a beautiful autumn image. Love the colors and the arrangement of all the elements. Just a wondeful scene, beautifully captured.

My only small nit - I’m a little unsure about the presence of the water in the LLC. Not an image killer, but if it were mine I might consider some burning down, or perhaps even a slight crop off the bottom, which would also work to remove the darker areas beneath the autumn bushes.

Lon

This is really beautiful Mario and I absolutely love it! Great job!

Thank you @Igor_Doncov @Ben_van_der_Sande @Lon_Overacker @David_Bostock @Diane_Miller @Tom_Nevesely for your comments…appreciated. I prefer the water and reeds although there are differing opinions.

@Bonnie_Lampley @David_Haynes thank you for your comments and suggestions.

1 Like