Lake Aleeda Shore

Taken at sunset. Symmetry attracted me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

I immediately love this composition, Mario. I love the three and two combinations and the light is gorgeous; especially on the shrubs. My only suggestion is to crop the bottom rock, it will make the image a little simpler without extra elements of rocks.

You conveyed the sunset light on the shrubs very nicely. The trees and the shrubs form a nice family.
To me, the strong vertical lines of the trees surging into the blue sky compete with the more horizontal composition of the shrubs. In my revision, I cropped out some top (maybe too much), and a little bottom, dodged the left shrub a bit, warmed some trees, and vignetted a bit. Works for me, but seems a little less kinetic than your original.

I agree the crop adds to the shot. I actually toyed with that crop but thought the tension with the mellow shrubs was interesting also. Thanks.

This image tells a nice story about winter, even though the snow plays only a relatively minor role in the image. The light is really sweet, and your processing is right on the money and does justice to this light. I prefer the original composition as opposed to a crop, I like the interplay of the red bushes and the blue sky. I also like that the blue sky repeats the blue tones in the snow.

My only nitpick would be a tiny crop from the left, to eliminate a couple pieces of cut off trees. Otherwise, I think this is very well done :+1:

1 Like

This is a really unique image. I have a feeling that this is one of those images that you really like or it does very little for you. It’s pretty chaotic with few points of focus. The colors are pretty arresting though. If you give it time you realize the chaos is planned and not a mistake due to lack of knowledge. It’s really hard to offer advice because this is so unorthodox to begin with.