Shoreline Lake Aleeda

I initially went out to capture this fall shoreline with water reflections but the lake was not calm. I elected to do some ICM instead.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all appreciated

Technical Details

70mm f/22 0.6 sec iso 50

6 Likes

This is very beautiful, Mario. The ICM movement seems slight, resulting in a peaceful feeling for me. The colors are fabulous. Congrats.

Mario,

Love this - for me, very “Impressionistic” ICM rendition. More than enough motion to keep this out of the “oops, I kicked my tripod” category… :slight_smile: and enough motion to render this with painterly impressions. Well done!

For me, I’m unsure about the upper corners - looks initially like sky, but I think just background with a blue hue.
Alternative suggestion might be to crop some from the bottom maybe as much as eliminating the starting points of the motion. But then you loose some of the colors, but maybe cropping just to remove the darkness at the bottom? I dunno, the beauty of ICM’s - you can crop, not crop, do whatever works for you!

I was going to suggest that you re-categorize this to Abstract Nature category, since we now have that and this image is appropriate for there. but no worries, our category police are on vacation. No biggie.

Thanks for sharing and glad to see you ICM’ing!

Lon

Hi Mario,

I like you photo and think that it is well framed. The darker bottom, green vertical edges and touch of blue in the top corners keeps the viewer focused on the subject. You said that you were looking for reflections, so I’m assuming the bottom is water. However it could be interpreted as the undergrowth below the tree limbs just as easily. I can see this printed and hanging on your wall.

I like the picture, Mario. The tree trunks are clear enough that I can quickly get the sense of the image and what I’m looking at. The bottom of the frame suggests water or ground, and is nicely balanced with the same colours appearing on the TR an TL corners. I’m always looking for different ways to show the outdoors, and I think you’ve achieved that.