Early Fall Lake Aleeda

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Simply searching out early fall images with ICM

Technical Details

70mm f/16 1 sec

I like the color palette and the look of the trees, particularly in the bottom portion of the image, Mario. There are some bright streaks in the left side of the image and there’s something about them that feels jarring with the rest of the image-like someone’s scratched off the outer layer of paint. Overall, this image has a kind of rustic feel that I like.

Mario, I really like this ICM. I like its watercolor scheme for starters. Then, the angle you captured the scene is also another strong point. There is definitely a fall feel to the overall image. That “rustic feel” that @Dennis_Plank alluded to is indeed another good element in the photo. Although I like the dark tones at the bottom of the photo, I probably would have cropped the lighter areas right below the dark colors. The image really brings a great fall theme in the way it is presented.

Mario, thanks for posting your ICM abstract image. I like the impressions of the trees on the bottom and the color mix of greens and blues. The blue up top is a distracting so I would crop in a bit as a suggestion. The bluish highlights on the right sort of give this image a spooky feel to it. It looks like an apparition to me. Maybe good timing since it’s October. Overall, I like the movement you captured.