Basking

These aspens leafs stole the show in this grove in the late afternoon/early evening sun

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
70mm f/10 1/250 iso 500

5 Likes

Wow, Mario, this is very nice. The two trees imitating each other is great. Add the wonderful spot lighting on the leaves makes this a premium image. Excellent.

Great lighting here Mario, it makes the trees seem like candles!

Beautiful spot lighting on those autumn aspen leaves for sure, Mario! I also like the fact that the two trees seem to mirror each other’s shape and the dark BG helps them stand out even more. My only suggestions are nit picks. I would clone out those two yellow spoys along the left edge in the darker BG as well as a few of the bright spots of sky peaking through along the right edge. Beautiful scene.

Pretty wonderful, Mario! The light is fantastic. Glad you saw and acted so quickly. I agree with Ed about some of the bright yellow spots in the dark that could be disappeared. Super shot.

Very creative and moody image Mario, I love it. Great use of chiaroscuro type approach in your processing.

My only nitpick is that I wish you had stepped slightly to the left to create more separation of the curved aspen from the one to the immediate left of it. As presented, the near merger of the trunks is slightly distracting to me.