Aspens leaves in snow

I’m fascinated with this week’s response, where most posters have taken monochrome to mean black and white. Just shows how interpretation is in the mind of the respondent (and that’s fine with me). Here’s a looks at some Aspen leaves taken during Monday’s snow storm. (5D3, 100-400 @ 330, 1/160 s, f/14, iso 800, tripod)

What’s not to love about Aspen leaves, especially as they are turning in the fall. Nicely done, Mark.

Well now, me being the very independent thinker I am I just followed the crowd… :laughing:
Mark…you got me swinging for the bleachers… :cowboy_hat_face:
With that all said I actually have similar images to this one as I recall. So, it already receives the overall holds my Deja Vu from that POV. I might adjust the gamma level slightly as it seems a bit bright on my monitor but not a nit just a thought… :+1:

Mark, I didn’t get to even look for a suitable image for the monochrome challenge, but if I had, I would have followed the crowd, having grew up in the B&W era! I really like this shot, with all the yellow leaves, but snow!!! Way too early for us to even think or mention that four letter word! Was that in Maryland, or out west? Just curious. It won’t be long though, although we usually don’t seen any much down here in NC.

Shirley, we finally got brave enough to fly to MT…first time in 2 years, so this was taken during Monday’s snow event.

Oh, I am so happy for you. We drove up to Maryland and Virginia last month. So good to see family and friends, and I got out twice and shot some photos of wading birds. I need to take time to edit and post some of them. I hope you enjoy your time in MT.

I’ve been enjoying the color monochrome images, and this one rates highly! The snow is a wonderful touch. I wonder if there is a way to find a bit more tonal detail in the leaves, although I’ve been stymied for pulling detail out of yellows more than any other color.