At dawn the sun climbs the hill

What makes this image expressive?

At the foot of the hill, in a dark dawn I was exited by the explotion of the sun arrived at the top of the hill.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is this only a record of my emotion?

3 Likes

Thank you for the image Giuseppe, I always love images with long shadows.

I always say that photography is all about emotion. Why would you point your camera at something that doesn’t elicit some emotional response in you. I am not certain every photographer understands this, and I see lots of images that have had the emotion removed by careless processing. This one is very clean and I believe very much represents a moment of your emotional engagement.

I do like the contrasts between cooler shadows and warmer highlights, this adds a lot of emotional depth to the scene.

I do have two areas of concern, and it is the scarred dark patches near the bottom of the frame. They exhibit a lot of contrast and that drags our eye to them repeatedly. If I roughly crop the image to remove them, you will see the feel of the scene completely changes.

I think the problem is compounded by the bottom of the frame being the brightest area.

I agree it is not a perfect solution, but the ditches are quite distracting. Thanks for posting.