Audubon Swamp Anahinga

Female

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Anahingias are becoming my favorite bird. I seem to find them everywhere.

Specific Feedback

Any and All to improve

Technical Details

I lost all the info on my SD cards and had to use recovery software. All I got back wereJpgs.
All raws were lost.

Hi Steve, I really like anhingas too. Such interesting birds with that sleek form. I always like seeing the green around the eyes of the male as you have captured here. I could see lowering highlights in the first image so the bright green is not as prominent as well as reducing the bright grays on the bird. Cropping in some on the right and left may be a good idea also.
Nice pose on the second image. Love seeing those webbed feet. BG is rather busy but they seem to often perch in such a setting.

Very nice, Steve. Anhingas are really cool birds and when I’m where they are, I love to shoot them. Despite what looks like harsh light on the branches, I really like the image of the male. You got a great angle to put his head in front of that hole in the foliage. I agree the highlights on that one could come down.

The lighting on the female is quite nice and the busy background doesn’t bother me except for that one little triple twig where a three branches touch the beak-that one I could do without.

Nice look at both birds. Really like that green eye and the pattern on the back of the male. I could see cropping the male from the right, similar to the crop size of the female. I like the environmental aspect of both.

Anhinga males eyes are crazy arn’t they? Love to see these. Nice images, especially the female.