Autumn leaves 3

During an afternoon near the Svaneholm castle in Skåne, Sweden, I took a number of autumn leaves photos. This tree-lined country road disappearing in the fog is picture no. 3.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

1 Like

Wow, this is just about perfect, very beautiful work !!! The trees fading into the mist almost seem to go on forever. In my mind, it makes me wonder what is at the end of this road. Even without your backstory I might have guessed a castle !! This creates a very dramatic effect. Your processing of the fall color is excellent, the colors look great.

My only suggestion here would be to reduce the luminosity of the white patch between the last 2 trees on the right, and make its luminosity more like the tree gaps on the left side. This bright patch near the right edge slightly pulls my eye away from the tunnel of light in the center. I think this tweak would elevate a great image to an outstanding one. Excellent work here.

This is a classic fog composition. It’s usually rendered in b&w. Well done.

@Ed_McGuirk and @Igor_Doncov thank you for your kind comments . Ed, the change in luminosity that you propose is very good, and in fact obvious when you point it out. I guess that with some more training, I will see it myself before posting the imge:)
B.R.
Ola