Backlight

Strong backlight, slightly hazy, difficult exposure

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 500, 100-400 plus 1.4X, f6.3, 2500th, A7R4, 60% full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A pleasant scene, nicely captured. I like the light and the low POV. The position of the geese makes for a nice composition. I might try selective dehaze on the adults to see if this boosts the contrast a bit, but fine as is.

Hi David, I think you did well with the tricky lighting. Nice rim lighting and details otherwise. A cute scene.

It’s a great scene, and I too like the back lighting. Only critique is that the water is pretty busy. I’d consider cleaning up some several of the spots in front of the birds.

I like the backlight in this image, David. It gives this a real summer feel which matches our temperatures this last weekend. Nicely done.