Backlit Moss on Oak

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

what do you think of this. I’m thinking it’s a bit too busy, but I am intrigued by the image. What do you think I need to do to simplify it if necessary .

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
single exposure, no magic

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@photomat76

1 Like

Matt, to me a great image with a special atmosphere in it.Even a bit unnatural . I don’t see any nits. Also the B&W is well chosen

1 Like

Thank you. Making the natural appear unnatural is where I like to be.

I like your image a lot. It’s kind of creepy and that’s good. I don’t find to too busy except for the left side, which you could crop. What I find strange is that although the trees are backlit the sky looks almost black. You can see that in the upper right corner.

1 Like

I darkened the sky on purpose as it was a distraction. I would have excluded it completely, but I wanted that top oak branch in the shot. I’ll play around with the crop. My preference would be to make it even darker, so I might try that as well . Thanks for the comments.