Backlit Moisture

General feedback. Happy new year to all!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Larry,
Happy New Year, and a nice start to it with this wonderful image. I really like the strong back lighting and mood of this scene. My only nit is I would remove the partial tree trunk on the right edge.
Nicely done!

Larry, I love your use of strong back lighting here, it has imparted a wonderful glow to the vegetation. I especially like how the backlit bush in the center pulls your eye towards the people. And the subdued color palette of earth tones is very pleasing as well.

I agree with Alan about a slight crop away from the right to eliminate the tree trunk. i would also suggest trying to clone away some of the brightest sky patches in the URC. They are bright and close to the frame edge, eliminating them would make a subtle improvement. But these are nits, overall this is a very pleasing image that tells a nice story.

The lfall of light and the sombre tones make for a most unusual image with a delightful mood. The scene seems to have almost a touch of magic about it.