Badlands Perspective + Rework

Original

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The lines, textures and mounds can lead you anywhere you want to go in an image from the Badlands. P.S needs to be viewed full size.

Technical Details

16mm f/11 1/125 iso 640

I like this one very much Mario. It’s very imaginative. There’s an other worldly look to those shapes. It looks alien somehow. I think you have the right amount of sky as well. You could experiment with the sky and see if making it darker or contrastier would help or hinder. With this sort of subject I would not restrict myself in trying to represent nature faithfully.

Igor @Igor_Doncov
Thanks for the comments and suggestion. I worked with contrast and dehaze and contrast change seems to work the best. I agree the original was a little washed out in the sky.

I think this is pretty cool! I feel a more interesting sky could have been nice, perhaps some clouds that tie into the foreground shapes, but not much you can do about that unless you end up here again. Unique scene for badlands.

I feel like this one is begging for a monochrome treatment. You can do all sorts of things in B&W with that ultra blue sky, and as mentioned up above, I think you could push this one pretty far.