Balancing Act

This European Stonechat was comfortably perched on this tiny branch. Look at those legs, one extended to the max, the other close to the body. Smart guy :slight_smile: !
Thanks for viewing and have a nice weekend,
Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D850 with 500mm | 1/2000s | f4 | ISO640 | handheld

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is well framed with nicely soft light and natural harmonious background. That’s really neat pose, Hans. So many wild animals have a remarkable sense of balance, especially birds, and far superior to humans as well. Thanks for sharing.

Really nice. Bird is very sharp, and the BG is nice and varied. I also like the perch quite a bit. Good choice to go vertical.

That’s one long leg and makes for a great pose. Good detail and pleasing background. I like the vertical comp, though could see cropping off the bottom to where the browner(ties in with the color of the breast) part of the stalk starts and then maybe a tad off the left side.

I could not ask for more than you’ve given us with this image. Nice unobtrusive background nice perch nice placement in the frame good light. I have to say Well done.

I don’t normally go for 2x3 ratio verticals, Hans, but it sure worked in this case. When I first looked at it, I thought you’d somehow snagged a hummingbird, then I saw the leg. Superb detail in the bird and a very pleasant background.

Hi Hans, nicely caught. Love this small bird on the tiny stalk. Nice details on the bird’s head and I like the overall composition. Well done.

A really sweet image with perfect depth of field and background. The pose is really interesting with one foot separated from the one on the top of the branch. Excellent job.

I like the subtle brown variation in the BG as it echoes the bird very well. This is just so pleasing to look at, Hans.