Bald Eagle Glider

An adult Bald Eagle on a long glide toward the hatchery fishing hole.

Sony a6500, SEL200600G + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, ISO-320, f/9.0, 1/2000, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@garyminish

Really nice photo,Gary. I like where the bird is in the frame, and details are good.

Very nice, Gary. An excellent job on the exposure of the eagle and I like the hint of forest and mountain in the background.

Lovely image of the eagle in a great environment. I like everything about it except for the wing position. I’ve never been a fan of flat wings. They just don’t convey the same sense of power and motion as wings up or wings down. Hopefully you captured more frames of this one.

This is very nice. IQ is spot on, and the BG is gorgeous. I generally agree with Keith regarding wing positions, but the flat wings don’t bother me much here, probably because of the BG. The only nit I see is some color fringing around the rear left wing.

Just for you, Keith. This is only two frames earlier and less than a second difference in time. In fact the EXIF data shows exactly the same time for both files (I was following it with the shutter held down).

Eagle in Transit

@Gary_Minish - Sweet image of the eagle. You have some great opportunities where you live and take great advantage of them. Very nice!!