Waiting for Salmon

An adult Bald Eagle standing on the edge of a small pond, waiting for an opportunity to nab one of the landlocked salmon swimming there. I was able to get down low on the opposite side of the pond without unduly alarming it.

Sony a6500, SEL200600G @ 467 mm, ISO-800, f/6.3, 1/640, hand held.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Gary, I can never get tired of seeing an eagle. Love how you are down on his level. Great pose. I would only suggest, if you have the room on the left, to add a bit more as his tail seems a bit close. There is also are a couple of little branch coming into the frame on the left as well that is a bit distracting. Otherwise, an excellent capture of an excellent subject, and I would be thrilled to call it my own.

Hi Gary, nice details on the bird and fine exposure. Nice inclusion of the habitat with the green moss and stalks of grass. Cloning out the sticks on the left as Shirley mentions wouldn’t hurt. Such a regal bird.

Allen

A very good eye-level shot. The detail is excellent.

Really fine detail here. Looks like a new lens for you. I will be interested in more images from you with this glass. Btw; nice comp.