Bald Eagle pair

I was guided on another swamp tour by a park ranger this morning in northwest Tennessee. We saw several bald eagles including this pair.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600mm C @600mm
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/3200s, hand held from boat

@allensparks.wildlife
1 Like

Saw my first two down here today. The usually come in about this time, mate, have their chicks and move out late march or early April. Good shot of this pair.

Nice capture of the pair. I especially like the pose of the eagle in flight and the fact we can see the perch from which it took off.

This is a good shot of these two bald eagles, Allen. Clarity is good and you managed the highlights quite well, which is difficult with adult bald eagles due to the huge contrast. Colors and detail in the shadows are both very good also.

Pretty wonderful. Getting them both together is sometimes hard and mostly just luck. They are a most uncooperative species. lol. One of our local duo just raced up river really fast. Couldn’t tell if it had a catch on board, but it was in a hurry. Interesting to me that some birds go south. No idea where they come from. Ours overwinter and manage 20-30 degree below zero snaps just fine.

Nice frame. I like the pair and the power of the one who lifted off and the other still sitting. All the techs are great. Nicely done.

Excellent capture!! And the perch is perfect!

Hi Allen
This is a nicely framed set of Eagles. You gave us welled handled whites and blacks, with great detail.
Looks like you had a nice day.
Peter