Baltimore Orioles

Here’s a shot from spring migration in Galveston, Texas. This is a setup perch above a water drip, oranges are provided for the birds. These 2 immature male Baltimore Orioles had quite a discussion over who was going to stay on this perch. Photographed from a blind.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 1DX2 500F4 1/2500 F8, iso 1250, manual exposure, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Head.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Really nice, Nate. Gorgeous detail and colors, and a fun action shot. I have seen countless Orioles fighting over my feeders like this, but not with the perch and background beauty you have here!

Hello Nate, Excellent as always. I like the out of focus background and the great detail in the birds. The action tells the story. Thank you for sharing.

Great interaction, Nate. Excellent image quality as always. For some reason the posture of the bird on the left makes me want a touch more canvas on that side-just a sliver.

Beautiful shot, Nate! Exposure, colors and details are all excellent and the composition with both birds forming diagonal elements in opposite corners of the frame works perfectly for me. On top of all that it displays action and behavior. Well done! :clap:

This is a beautiful shot, Nate. They sure are bright colored. Their poses are a nice, and you captured wonderful details in them.