Barn Swallows

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any. I am particularly curious to hear if this would be worth going to the trouble of cloning out some, or all of the BG twigs and branch or not.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I got this shot a while back of these pups down along the shore of our local lake. I think they’re buddies. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, 1/2500th, f 5.6, 500mm, ISO 500, hand held, AI Clear, cropped to 5568 x 3712.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice poses and you caught the colors well. To my eye they seem over-sharpened. Generally, if possible, I do try to remove branches that appear to come out of their heads.

Hi Dave. While it’s cool to see the two youngsters together and I really like the eye contact, the image quality doesn’t look like it’s sufficient to justify a huge amount of processing effort to me. This looks like a pair of youngsters that have recently fledged and are waiting for one of the parents to bring them some food. If you hang out at the time where they’re nesting at the right time, I suspect your skills are such these days that you can get a much better image and spend time on that one.